Monday, January 27, 2014

Commitment

22 
Every so often, I feel like there’s this purity to my faith and I just get it, down to the very core of my soul.  My pride sloughs off.  I am filled with understanding of HIM and who He really is, I KNOW Him.  I know the savior of the world.  And all of that is followed by this longing in me to dedicate my all to Him, to His glory.  I want others to know.

Other times, I forget what I was made for.  I let the world and all its flashing lights distract me from who I really am.   Things that look beautiful on the outside….acceptance mostly.  Approval.  The need to belong.  And I lose my way, my desire to be that purity I feel in me, and a servant and a messenger and a missionary.
 
I am so grateful that His mercies are new every morning.  Wherever I am, He is there to meet me with grace.  Whereve I go, His steadfast love follows me.  Whenever I make the decision to turn my face to Him to repent and start again new, the opportunity is there.   His love for me endures FOREVER.  For every ounce of eternity.  Certainly for the simple span of my life. 


...his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.


Wrap me in your grace, and I will be covered.  Clean me with hyssop, and I will be clean.  Today I make the decision to start again new.    

No comments:

Post a Comment