Monday, November 5, 2012

Love Letter to my Husband

Dear Baby,

On our first anniversary, I just wanted to tell you some things I love about you...

I love the way you honor God by serving me.  The way you lug around my heavy pedal board.  The way you empty the dishwasher or do the dishes while I practice.  The way you FIX THE BRAKES ON OUR CAR, OR BUILD GUITAR PEDALS FOR ME!! (You are so awesome!!) The way you help me take care of the house before group.  The way you make me feel so appreciated when I cook. 

I love...

Your handsome face
Your pretty blue eyes
Your boyish giggle
Your love of music
Your incredible intelligence
Your sense of humor and wit

I also love...

...When I ask you a question about ANYTHING and you know the answer. 
...When you finish whatever song I start with your instrumental mouth part or background vocal. (Lol!!)
...When you take off running and jump on the HEB shopping cart and ride it through the parking lot to the car...EVERY time. XD
...When you are so inexplicably good to strangers...writing down the license plate number of somebody whose lights are on and going back into the store to have it announced, or stopping on the side of the road to help someone with a broken down car or a flat tire. 
...When you and I get into a gigglefest late at night. :D
...When you wiggle your toes without realizing it while we watch TV, or pick things up with your toes so you don't have to bend down.  ^_^

I love that you trusted God to be with me...helping me work through my broken past.  You did not fear, you trusted Him.  I love that you let me tell my story unashamedly.  You are a dream come true for me, living proof of God's faithfulness.  And it's not just that I'm married, but that I'm married to a man like you.   If there was any steadfast, solid example of a real man, it's you!!!  (And I am married to you....holy cow!!!)

In short, I am so desparately, passionately, 100% head-over-heels in love with you. Here's to our first year together, most certainly the best one of my life.

Love,
Krissy


 

1 comment: