Saturday, March 17, 2018

Waylayed



For the last 24 hours or so, I have been convicted in the sweetest way to love with more of His heart. I love how He always softens me with grace, the wonder and awe and beauty of it. It is never a condemning finger that convicts me to the inmost place....just a simple, loving voice.  And I sense how BIG and how POWERFUL and JUST He is, at the same time understanding how meek and mild and beautiful He is.  The lion and the lamb.  The majesty and the melody. The One who has the power to waylay, simply woos. 

His love is dramatic and powerful and bold, but it is also a love song to the deepest place of my heart. 


Woe is me.  I am floored.  I am wretched.  But in Him, I am beautiful.


And I meditate on all the ways that He has freed me.  Much to our wonder and amazement, He has answered every prayer my mother ever prayed for me!!!!!!  Throughout my rebellion.  Throughout the darkness.  And my prayers for myself over these many years, if they have been rooted in Him, have been so deafeningly, undeniably, unquestionably, Answered.  Incredible, faithful God.  


Not only has He made good on His promise to lift me from my pit, make me a new creation, transform my identity from a hopeless, marijuana addicted lesbian to a purposeful, whole, healthy Child of God, but he Has wooed my heart in the process.  And transformed me more and more and more and more by His love.  


He continues to break the chains, slough off the scales from my eyes, break me and build me back up again.  To the point where I am just overwhelmed and cannot even fathom.....His love for me knows no bounds. 


Even as recent as the struggle with Food and Exercise.  The FREEDOM He has manifested in me....  To where I do not worship the scale, the Fitbit, the calories, the fats, the carbs. It had become idolatry to me.  And He showed me how to lay it down and trust Him.  And like many of His miracles go, mine was physical and MEDICAL.  I learned to love God more than my idol and let go, and trust Him.  And He showed me how faithful He is.....I am no longer medically considered a Type II diabetic. Maybe this story deserves its own post, but I am just so compelled to write about the goodness of the Lord that I have to throw it in.  Please understand that it is not a side note.  


I am still a broken jar of clay. Him and I, we have alot of work to do in me.  But I just wanted you and Him and everyone else to know, I AM ALL IN on this with Him. I will continue to be all in with Him for the duration of my life.  Sickness and sorrow, sadness and joy, health and happiness, whatever comes what may.  Until the LAST TRUMPET OF MY LIFE SOUNDS, I love you, Lord.  I love you, TOO. And today I am overwhelmed by YOU.  Enough to put pen to paper.  With the quill of my life, I will share of your goodness to me.       

No comments:

Post a Comment